The Troy City School District offers several summer programs for students in Grades Pre-K – 12. Some programs are by invite only. Please see below for details. Information for 2022 Summer Programs will be updated when it becomes available.
Summer Journeys 2022
*previously known as Summer Strides*
Troy City School District is excited to again offer supplemental summer programming. Summer Journeys is free to Troy CSD students entering Grades K-12. Our goal is to provide additional opportunities for our students to stay engaged in academic and social learning throughout the summer months. Summer Journeys is designed to offer a variety of targeted sessions led by Troy educators.
Summer Journeys offers flexible sessions. Sessions may take place virtually, in our Troy community or in-person.
Summer Journeys Principal
Secondary Summer School
- Students in Grades 6 – 12 – some students will be automatically registered
- July 11 – August 15
- Regents Exams are Tuesday August 16 and Wednesday August 17
- In-person program
- Register on Tuesday, June 28, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Troy High School
Elementary Summer School (Troy Summer Surge)
- Students in Grades Pre-K – 5
- Tuesday, July 5 – Friday, July 29
- Monday through Friday
- 8 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Location: Carroll Hill School
- Breakfast, lunch, and transportation will be provided
- Troy Summer Surge 2022 is in-person, project-based and centered around providing instruction for students to develop foundational reading, writing, and math skills. Our goal is to provide students with targeted instruction of foundational reading, writing, and math skills while working on fun and engaging activities.
- Enrollment is based on student need and will be open to additional students based on availability. Open enrollment will be May 31st – June 3rd and is first come first serve.
Extended School Year Program (ESY)
- Students who are eligible for the ESY program meet specific NYSED criteria and are approved to attend the six-week summer program at the Committee on Special Education (CSE) Annual Review meeting.
- July 5 – August 12, 2022
- 8 – 11 a.m.
- Breakfast, lunch and transportation provided.
- For information, please contact 518-328-5075