Central Registration Office
475 First Street
Troy, NY 12180
Phone: (518) 328-5007
Fax: (518) 271-5445
Registration during COVID-19.
All Troy CSD buildings and offices, including the Central Registration Office, are closed to the public due to COVID-19.
Normal Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. *Please Note: New registrants must arrive before 3 p.m.
Summer hours are 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. ending the last Friday before Labor Day. Summer hours are in effect during school breaks. *Please Note: New registrants must arrive before 1:30 p.m.
Update your address/personal information
Please use the Housing Questionnaire Form to update your address, phone number, email address and more. During the COVID-19 closure, fill it out and turn it by one of the following ways:
- E-mail the form and documents to email@example.com
- Fax the form and documents to 518-271-5445
- Schedule a time to drop off the form and documents in the School 12 lobby. Please call 518-328-5007. Note there will be no registration personnel on site.
- Mail the form to: Troy City School District
School 12 Central Registration
475 First Street
Troy, NY 12180
All Student Registration
Parents/guardians must register their child in person at Central Registration. Registration packet and list of required documents are linked below.
The Troy City School District offers full-day Kindergarten programs. There is no deadline to register. Children must be 5 years old on or before December 1, 2022 for Kindergarten. Required documents are listed below.
The Troy City School District offers a pre-school program for special education and intervention services.
- Pre-School registration packet
- Pre-School registration packet (Arabic)
- Lista de verificación de inscripción para preescolar
The Troy City School District offers a Universal 4-year-old Pre-K program as well as 3-year-old Pre-K program. Registration for the 2022-2023 school year begins February 28, 2022. Visit our Pre-K page to learn more.
- 3-year-old Pre-K registration packet
- 4-year-old Universal Pre-K registration packet
- Lista de verificación para la Escuela 12 Pre Kindergarten (niños de 3 años)
- 3-year-old Pre-K registration packet (Arabic)
- 4-year-old Universal Pre-K registration packet (Arabic)
Proof of Residency
You must provide one of the following with parent/guardian names on it:
- Utility bill or deposit (dated 30 days prior to registration)
- Lease or rental agreement
- Affidavit of Residence
- Mortgage Statement
- Copy of an agreement to purchase a completed dwelling to take place within 30 days
- Copy of an agreement to purchase a residential lot and a notarized statement of the anticipated date of completion of dwelling on lot not to exceed 90 days
You must provide the following documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Parent/Guardian photo identification
- Immunization Records
- Physical Exam within the last year
- Custody Agreement, if applicable
- Foster Care DSS2999 Form, if applicable
Parents/guardians must submit attached forms in person to register their child. The following forms are included in K-12 Registration Packet: