Effective September 19, 2023, Central Registration has returned to normal operating hours. We would like to thank all our families for their patience over the past several weeks.
Troy City School District has a centralized registration process for:
- New and re-entry students
- Kindergarten students
- Universal Pre-K (UPK) students
- Non-public and charter school students
The Central Registration Office is located at:
475 First Street
Troy, NY 12180
Phone: (518) 328-5007
Fax: (518) 328-5061
Central Registration Hours: 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Registration must be done in person by the parent or guardian of the students at the Central Registration Office. Parents or guardians may print and complete the appropriate registration packet ahead of their visit to Central Registration.
Troy CSD offers full-day Kindergarten. Children must be five years old on or before December 1 of the current school year. There is no deadline to register.
K-12 Registration Packet
Kindergarten, new and re-entry student registration packet
- Registration Packet for Grades K-12 (English)
- Registration Packet for Grades K-12 (Arabic)
- Registration Packet for Grades K-12 (Spanish)
The Troy City School District offers a Universal 4-year-old Pre-k program and a 3-year-old Pre-K program. Children must be 3 or 4 years old on or before December 1 of the current school year. Visit our Pre-K page to learn more.
- 3-year-old Pre-K registration packet
- 4-year-old Universal Pre-K registration packet
- Lista de verificación para la Escuela 12 Pre Kindergarten (niños de 3 años)
- 3-year-old Pre-K registration packet (Arabic)
- 4-year-old Universal Pre-K registration packet (Arabic)
- 4-year-old Universal Pre-K registration packet (Spanish)
The Troy City School District offers a program for special education and intervention services.
- Pre-School registration packet
- Pre-School registration packet (Arabic)
- Lista de verificación de inscripción para preescolar
Charter and Private School Registration
District residents who attend private or charter schools must register with Troy CSD for services provided by the district (textbooks, busing and other services)
Change of Address
If you are moving to a new address within the Troy City School District, a Change of Address form must be completed, and proof of resident and photo ID of parent or guardian must be provided.
Proof of Residency Required for Registration
One of the following documents with the parent/guardian’s name must be provided
- Utility bill or deposit (dated 30 days prior to registration)
- Lease or rental agreement
- Affidavit of Residence
- Mortgage Statement
- Copy of an agreement to purchase a completed dwelling to take place within 30 days
- Copy of an agreement to purchase a residential lot and a notarized statement of the anticipated date of completion of dwelling on lot not to exceed 90 days
Documents Required for Registration
The following documents must be provided:
- Birth Certificate
- Parent/Guardian photo identification
- Immunization Records
- Physical Exam within the last year
- Custody Agreement, if applicable
- Foster Care DSS2999 Form, if applicable