Central Registration Office
475 First Street
Troy, NY 12180
Phone: (518) 328-5007
Fax: (518) 271-5445
Registration during the COVID-19 closure.
All Troy CSD buildings and offices, including the Central Registration Office, are closed to the public due to COVID-19.
Normal Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. *Please Note: New registrants must arrive before 3 p.m.
Summer hours are 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. ending the last Friday before Labor Day. Summer hours are in effect during school breaks. *Please Note: New registrants must arrive before 1:30 p.m.
Update your address/personal information
Please use the Housing Questionnaire Form to update your address, phone number, email address and more. During the COVID-19 closure, fill it out and turn it by one of the following ways:
- E-mail the form and documents to email@example.com
- Fax the form and documents to 518-271-5445
- Schedule a time to drop off the form and documents in the School 12 lobby. Please call 518-328-5007. Note there will be no registration personnel on site.
- Mail the form to:Troy City School District
School 12 Central Registration
475 First Street
Troy, NY 12180
All Student Registration
Parents/guardians must register their child in person at Central Registration. Registration packet and list of required documents are linked below.
Kindergarten Orientation originally scheduled for May 8, 2020, will be rescheduled. We will provide a new date once we have more information on the duration of the COVID-19 school closure.
The Troy City School District offers full-day Kindergarten programs. There is no deadline to register. Children must be 5 years old on or before December 1, 2020 for Kindergarten. Registration packets are also available for pickup at each elementary school but must be submitted in-person to Central Registration, located at 475 First Street, Troy. Required documents are listed below.
The Troy City School District offers a pre-school program for special education and intervention services.
The Troy City School District offers a Universal 4-year-old Pre-K program as well as 3-year-old Pre-K program. Registration for the 2020-2021 school year begins February 24, 2020. Registration deadline has been extended to May 29 due to the COVID-19 school closing. Visit our Pre-K page to learn more.
Completion of Registration Forms
To assist you, we recommend you print out the Registration Packet (above) to submit to Central Registration (in-person requirement) or you may complete the forms in-person when you visit Central Registration.
Proof of Residency
You must provide one of the following with parent/guardian names on it:
- Utility bill or deposit (dated 30 days prior to registration)
- Lease or rental agreement
- Affidavit of Residence
- Mortgage Statement
- Copy of an agreement to purchase a completed dwelling to take place within 30 days
- Copy of an agreement to purchase a residential lot and a notarized statement of anticipated date of completion of dwelling on lot not to exceed 90 days
You must provide the following documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Parent/Guardian photo identification
- Immunization Records
- Physical Exam within the last year
- Custody Agreement, if applicable
- Foster Care DSS2999 Form, if applicable
Parents/guardians must submit attached forms in person to register their child. The following forms are included in K-12 Registration Packet: