Central Registration Office
475 First Street
Troy, NY 12180
Phone: (518) 328-5007
Fax: (518) 271-5445
Normal Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Summer hours are 7 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. ending the last Friday before Labor Day. Summer hours are in effect during school breaks.
All Student Registration
Parents/guardians must register their child in-person at Central Registration. Registration packet and list of required documents are linked below.
The Troy City School District offers full-day Kindergarten programs. There is no deadline to register. Children must be 5 years old on or before December 1, 2017 for Kindergarten. Kindergarten registration packets are also available for pickup at each elementary school but must be submitted in person to Central Registration, located at 475 First Street, Troy. Required documents are listed below.
TheTroy City School District offers a pre-school program for special education and intervention services.
The Troy City School District offers a Universal 4-year-old Pre-K program as well as 3-year-old Pre-K program. Registration for the 2017-2018 school year begins March 6, 2017. Visit our Pre-K page to learn more.
Completion of Registration Forms
To assist you, we recommend you print out the Registration Packet (above) to submit to Central Registration (in-person requirement) or you may complete the forms in-person when you visit Central Registration.
Proof of Residency
You must provide one of the following with parent/guardian names on it:
- Utility bill or deposit (dated 30 days prior to registration)
- Lease or rental agreement
- Affidavit of Residence
- Mortgage Statement
- Copy of an agreement to purchase a completed dwelling to take place within 30 days
- Copy of an agreement to purchase a residential lot and a notarized statement of anticipated date of completion of dwelling on lot not to exceed 90 days
You must provide the following documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Parent/Guardian photo identification
- Immunization Records
- Physical Exam within the last year
- Custody Agreement, if applicable
- Foster Care DSS2999 Form, if applicable
Parents/guardians must submit attached forms in person to register their child. The following forms are included in K-12 Registration Packet: