Food Services

Chris Bateman
Director of Food Services
(518) 328-5490

For information about the end of Emergency SNAP benefits and other resources, please contact the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance here

Breakfast/Lunch Menus

Click here to view current lunch menus online via LINQ Connect. Choose your student’s school from the dropdown in the top right corner.

Breakfast is available to all students in every building:

THS / TCS 8-8:30
TMS 8:10 -8:40( 7th & 8th), 8:30-8:50 (6th)
Carroll Hill 7:30 -7:50
School 2 7:30 – 8 (K-5), 8:15-8:45 (PK)
School 14 7:30 – 8
School 16 7:30 – 8
School 18 7:30 – 8 (K-5), 9-9:20 (PK)
Sacred Heart PK 8:15-8:40

Breakfast After the Bell is available to all elementary and middle school students.

In order to meet USDA requirements, school breakfasts must contain no more than 30% of calories from fat and less than 10% from saturated fat. In addition, breakfast must provide one-fourth of the Recommended Dietary Allowances for protein, calcium, iron, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and calories.

Research shows that children who eat breakfast:

  • show improvement on math, reading and standardized test scores
  • establish healthier habits for later in life
  • have fewer absences and incidences of tardiness
  • are more likely to behave better in school
  • consume more calcium, fiber, foliate and protein


Free meals for all Troy students

Troy City School District is participating in the Community Eligibility Program (CEP) which allows all students to receive meals and milk at no charge – regardless of household income.

Parents are asked to complete the Household Income Eligibility Form each year. This form also helps to determine eligibility for ADDITIONAL state and federal programs that may benefit your child.

TITAN to become LINQ Connect

We’re excited to inform you that our meal payments portal, TITAN Family Portal, will be upgraded to LINQ Connect (effective May 23, 2023). There’s no need to change your username and password. All your information will be transferred to the new app.

Here are some exciting upgrades to enjoy:

  • A simple, fresh look allows better accessibility
  • An interactive dashboard to view all family members in one profile
  • A resource center to access help guides
  • Streamlined menus help you see more with fewer clicks

Visit your app store and find “LINQ Connect” available in the Google Play Store now and the Apple App Store available soon to download the new app and enjoy these new features. Just log in with your existing username and password. If you use a browser, visit to log in.

If you don’t use our online meal payments portal, LINQ Connect allows you to set up one-time or recurring payments for your student’s meal. You can also view previous transactions, set spending limits, transfer funds between students, set low-balance notifications and more. It’s an easy way to manage meal payments without the hassle of sending cash.

For additional information, please contact the following person:

Erin Wright, Shared Food Service Program Specialist, Capital Region BOCES, 900 Watervliet Shaker Road, Albany, NY  12205 | (518) 464-3945 |

Food Services Main Office: (518) 328-5490
Federal Lunch Program: (518) 328-5005

Summer Food Programs

Nutritious free meals are available for children and teens 18 and younger at many locations throughout the nation throughout the summer while school is out of session. Please visit the USDA website to find a location near you, or text “Summer Meals” to 97779 or call 1-866-348-6479 to find a site nearby.

The Rensselaer County Youth Department sponsors the Summer Lunch Program. Please see this list of area programs. 

You can also find a list of local food pantries on this page.

Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: (link is external), from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

1. mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
2. fax:
(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Download a pdf of this nondiscrimination statement here.