Troy Middle School’s Parent Conferences will be held on Wednesday evening, February 2nd from 5:00pm-8:00pm and Thursday afternoon, February 3rd from 1:00pm-3:00pm. Thursday will be a half day for all students. Students will conclude their day at 11:40am on the 3rd. Report cards will be posted on February 2nd in the parent portal at 4pm for you to view, prior to conferences.
- On Wednesday, February 2, from 5-8 p.m. we will have in-person conferences. You can come to the building, pick up your child’s report card and visit with their teachers. Masks must be worn for all in-person conferences.
- On Thursday, February 3, from 1-3 p.m. we will have all virtual conferences.
- Students will be dismissed at 11:40 a.m.
- Parents/guardians will login to conferences using Webex (see below for more info regarding Webex information).
- Once logged in, parents/guardians will wait in a virtual waiting room until it is their turn for a conference. (in order that they login).
In an effort to be able to meet with as many parents as possible, we are limiting each conference to 5 minutes per student per class. If you feel you need additional time to discuss your child’s progress, please let the teacher know and they can set up an agreed upon time and date to continue the discussion.
We thank you for your ongoing support. We welcome your feedback after conferences so that we can continue to work together to help your child learn and grow, as well as keep our lines of communication open.
To connect to Webex by video or phone:
- Webex links will be shared on Thursday, February 3.
- Go to your personal email or your child’s school email to pull up the document shared with you by your child’s team/teachers or administrators.
- For a video conference, click on the link for the Webex meeting/class you are choosing to go to at that time.
- Type in the Webex password that is indicated on the shared document.
- For a phone conference, dial in using the phone number provided on the document.
- Type in the pin provided next to the phone number on the document, once connected.
- Parents will be placed in a virtual waiting room, in the order that you log in or dial in.
- Once the teacher is available to take you into the virtual meet, they will invite you in, allowing for privacy while meeting about your child’s progress.
TMS will also host a Scholastic Book Fair January 31st – February 4th for students where they can shop during the school day (cash, checks and credit cards are accepted). You can also shop at the book fair during our in-person conferences on February 2nd from 5-8pm.
Students & families can also shop online beginning January 31st through February 13th, please go to: www.scholastic.com/bf/troymiddleschool3.
All sales earn rewards of Scholastic Dollars that will allow us to buy more books for our students here at TMS! We encourage you to share this information with your extended family and friends!