475 First Street, Troy, NY 12180
Donna Fitzgerald, Director of Pupil Personnel Services
Dr. Amy Prabhakaran, Assistant Director of Pupil Personnel Services
Special Education Programs and Services Focused Review
October 24, 2016 – The New York State Education Department’s Office of Special Education has initiated a Special Education Programs and Services Focused Review in the Enlarged City School District of Troy during the 2016-17 school year. The purpose of this review is to assess the district’s compliance with selected federal and state laws and regulations governing the education of students with disabilities.
The review will be conducted by the Special Education Quality Assurance (SEQA) Eastern Regional Office. The review process will involve a review of school records of a representative sample of students with disabilities, classroom visitations and surveys. In addition, meetings of the committee on special education will be observed. Further information may be obtained by contacting the SEQA Eastern Regional Office at
518-486-6366 and/or by contacting the Enlarged City School District of Troy at 518-328-5006.
Committee on Special Education
- Karen Driscoll – CPSE/CSE Chairperson – Pre-Kindergarten, Day Program Schools
- Lorraine Colistra – CSE Chairperson – Elementary Schools
- Catherine Guthrie – CSE Chairperson – Middle School, School 12, Charter and Private Schools
- Colleen Syrett – CSE Chairperson – High School
- Holly Toteno – CSE Chairperson – Questar III/BOCES