April 7, 2020
Dear School 12 Families,
It is my best wishes/hope that this letter finds you and your family in good health. The staff here at School 12 miss all of you and we are looking forward to the time when everyone’s schedule is back to normal. We all know by now that the school is closed until April 29th but for the students, learning will take place daily. Enclosed is your school schedule that provides learning opportunities for each and every day. There is no spring break which means you are to log in every day, Monday-Friday until further notice.
New online content began on Monday, April 6 and the start of the 4th marking period begins April 10.
You will find enclosed, a highly modified online school schedule. Student’s classes will be a combination of pre-recorded lessons, live classes and teacher designed learning activities. We know there may be conflicts with a scheduled time or class. In order to address these conflicts, daily lessons will be recorded for students to stay connected to their teachers. It is my expectation that this information is helpful as we begin to transition to new learning.
As principals, we want to be supportive to parents and teachers with respect to ensuring students are completing work and staying engaged. Do not hesitate to contact the school principal if your student is not cooperating at home with work and/or staying engaged with the class.
Should you need to get in touch with the school office, please contact Jessica Baggott, Secretary at 518-328-5083 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org
It is imperative to read the remainder of this information enclosed.
James Canfield, Principal
Alternative Learning Program
518- 328- 5473
To ensure your student’s success, PLEASE READ ALL THE BULLET POINTS!
- As you look at the schedule please note:
- The Class engagements are planned for 1 hour.
- Teachers will offer time throughout the week and will communicate their availability to students, which will provide an opportunity for more individualized support.
- Student’s at-home learning time includes time spent learning new material, video lessons, participating in class chats/hangouts, completing assigned work and activities.
- Students with individualized support such as special education services will have opportunities to confer remotely with those teachers.
- The attached schedule is based on A and B days. On A days your student will work on core courses and on B days your student will work on their electives. All classes are required.
- Guidelines & Expectations for Student:
- Students will engage in no more than 2.5 to 3 hours of learning for each class per week.
- Participate in the week’s lessons on Google Classroom. This may include; live or pre-recorded videos from your teachers, assignments/ activities, resources, class meetings on Google Meet etc. Remember to “Turn In” your work on Google Classroom once it is completed.
- Engage politely, respectfully and meaningfully online. When you are in a virtual classroom meeting, please keep your microphone muted unless you are speaking. This limits background noise.
- Complete assignments and activities and adhere to assignment deadlines.
- Read all posted directions, links, and documents.
- Ask your teachers for help if you are confused or have questions about an assignment. Aside from the scheduled course time, teachers have an office hour each day to be available for questions and concerns. Teachers will post their office hour info in their Google Classroom.
- Family Support:
- Helping students choose a quiet workspace.
- Encourage students to stay up to date with learning material.
- Help your student with academics when possible.
- Help students balance work and free time.
- Encourage screen-free downtime (creative pursuits, exercise, social distanced outdoor time)
- Contact teachers, counselors, or principals if you have questions or concerns – we are here to help.
Spectrum is offering free high-speed internet for the next two months!
Call 1-844-488-8395 to enroll. Installation fees are also being
waived. The deal starts Monday 3/16/2020.
Providing Unlimited data for 60 days to customers with metered data
plans (effective 3/18)
Giving 20 GB of free mobile hotspot to customers with hotspot-capable
devices (effective 3/18)
Waiving per-minute toll charges for international long-distance calls
from the U.S. to CDC- defined Level 3 countries (effective 3/17)
Working with T-Mobile to give you access to their network, so you can
get more coverage nationwide
· Verizon’s home broadband plans offer unlimited data for all of your
work from home or remote learning needs. For our wireless consumer and
business customers, our unlimited plans include wifi hotspot
capabilities, allowing you to connect devices such as laptops and
tablets via wifi.
· Customers can change or upgrade their service, purchase new devices
or accessories or add features or get help via the MyVerizon app, the
My Fios app or at www.Verizon.com. [Updated on 03/21/2020]
· ALL current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers as of March 13,
2020 who have legacy plans without unlimited high-speed data will get
unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming).
· Starting March 20, 2020, providing T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile
customers on smartphone plans with hotspot data an additional 20GB of
smartphone mobile hotspot (10GB per bill cycle for the next 60 days)
for each voice line. (T-Mobile Connect excluded).
· Working with our Lifeline partners to provide customers extra free
data up to 5GB of data per month through May 13, 2020.
· Increasing the data allowance for free to schools and students using
our EmpowerED digital learning programs to ensure each participant has
access to at least 20GB of data per month through May 13, 2020.
Starting March 21:
Customers currently on an unlimited data plan with Boost Mobile, will
automatically receive an additional 20 Gigs of mobile hotspot on their
plans at no extra cost through April 30, 2020. No need to call care or
update your account through boostmobile.com.
You will not see these extra Gigs added to your current Mobile Hotspot
allotment. For information on how these additional Gigs will be
allocated to your plan, please see the FAQ below.
Customers currently on a capped data plan with Boost Mobile, will
automatically receive an additional 20 Gigs of data on their plans at
no extra cost through April 30, 2020. No need to call care or update
your account through boostmobile.com. If you need additional mobile
hotspot check out our rate plans that include mobile hotspot.
· As of March 13, 2020, and for the next 60 days, we will waive
domestic wireless plan overage charges for data, voice or text for
residential or small business wireless customers incurred because of
economic hardship related to the coronavirus pandemic.
· Keep our public Wi-Fi hotspots open for any American who needs them.
· Unlimited AT&T Home Internet – All AT&T consumer home internet
wireline customers, as well as Fixed Wireless Internet, can use
unlimited internet data. Additionally, we’ll continue to offer
internet access for qualifying limited income households at $10 a
month through our Access from AT&T program. We’ve expanded eligibility
to Access from AT&T to households participating in the National School
Lunch Program and Head Start. Additionally, we’re offering new Access
from AT&T customers two months of free service.