THS Winter Cheerleading Tryouts will be held on November 14, 15 and 16 from 4:00 – 6:30 in the TMS Small Gym. All paperwork must be submitted by November 10. Please see your school nurse for the required forms.
Tryout material will be posted on November 1st.
Cheerleading Information for TMS Students
Competitive Cheerleading is a high school sport. All 7th and 8th-grade students who are interested in participating MUST complete the Athletic Placement Process (APP) in order to try out. The process is as follows:
- Parental permission is REQUIRED for all students to participate in the APP process.
- A recent physical must be on file.
- All paperwork must be completed and in by set due dates.
- Potential athletes must have a Tanner Scale completed by a personal physician or by the school physician/nurse.
- All athletes must pass the PHYSICAL FITNESS test (passing scores are determined by the age of the athlete):
- # of curl-ups (full sit-ups) in one minute
- shuttle run
- V-sit reach OR Sit and Reach
- 1-mile walk/run
- # of pull-ups (chin-up) completed OR # of push-ups
Parental Permission is due by October 28, 2022. All other paperwork is due by Nov 10, 2022
The physical fitness test will be held November 3 at 4:00 in the TMS Small Gym.