This message was mailed to all TMS families on April 19, 2022
Dear TMS Families,
The Troy City School District will be administering the New York State Math and Science exams (Science is for 8th grade students only). TMS will be administering the New York State Math on Wednesday, April 27, 2022 and Thursday, April 28, 2022, with make ups continuing through May 9, 2022. We will send a letter to our 8th grade families with the Science exam dates after the Math test has been completed.
Here are some important things to keep in mind regarding state testing:
- The state tests give us important information about student learning. They help identify what students have learned and where they need more support.
- We use the state exam data to build support plans for each student as they move up a grade level and continue to develop in their areas of strength.
- They provide students a great opportunity to show what they’ve learned.
- TMS staff use NYS standards-based state tests to reflect on their teaching to ensure that future instruction is aligned to grade level proficiency.
Here are some ways to help your child be at their best:
- Ensure each student gets plenty of rest the night before each testing day.
- Speak with your child about doing their best and to relax while showing everyone how well they can do during the exam.
- All state exams start promptly, please ensure students arrive at school by 8:30am on testing days (bus issues will certainly be taken into consideration).
- Students will be expected to keep all electronic devices secured or left home during testing. If a student brings an electronic device into the testing room, it will be collected by the teacher and returned after testing.
If you have any further questions regarding the administration of our upcoming NYS exams for students in grades 6 – 8, please contact us.