February 23, 2021
We have been notified that several individuals have tested positive for COVID-19:
- Troy High School student – last in the building on February 12.
- Troy Middle School student – last in the building on February 12.
- Troy Middle School staff member – last in the building on February 12.
The Rensselaer County Department of Health (DOH) has determined that there was no district exposure with the above cases. Therefore, no further contact tracing or quarantining is necessary for the District.
While we understand that you might like additional details, due to privacy laws, we cannot release any identifiable information about the individuals or affected students.
Please be reminded that students and staff who are experiencing any symptom of COVID-19, or are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, should not report to school.
We must all work together to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Families and community members can assist our efforts by promoting healthy behaviors and following these practices:
- wearing masks,
- social distancing,
- practicing good hygiene, and
- limiting group gatherings
As always, the health and safety of students and staff is our top priority and we appreciate your continued support.
Superintendent of Schools