January 8, 2021
We have been notified that several individuals have tested positive for COVID-19:
- Three fully remote Carroll Hill School students.
- Troy Middle School fully remote student.
- Troy High School staff member, last in the building on December 23.
- School 16 student, last in the building on December 23.
The Rensselaer County Department of Health (DOH) has determined there was no district exposure with any of the above cases.
There are two cases that will require contact tracing:
- Troy Middle School student, last in the building on January 6.
- Carroll Hill School staff member, last in the building on January 7.
The District is working closely with DOH to conduct thorough contact tracing on the above cases and is reaching out to the affected students and staff with specific quarantine instructions. If you are not contacted by a representative of the District or DOH, there is no further action needed on your part.
While we understand that you might like additional details, due to privacy laws, we cannot release any identifiable information about the individuals or affected students.
Please be reminded that students and staff who are experiencing any symptom of COVID-19, or are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, should not report to school.
We must all work together to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Families and community members can assist our efforts by promoting healthy behaviors and following these practices:
- wearing masks,
- social distancing,
- practicing good hygiene, and
- limiting group gatherings
As always, the health and safety of students and staff is our top priority and we appreciate your continued support.
Superintendent of Schools