December 13, 2020
We have been notified that three individuals have tested positive for COVID-19:
- Carroll Hill School student – last in school on Friday, December 4. The Rensselaer County Department of Health (DOH) has determined there was no district exposure for this case. No further contact tracing or quarantining necessary for the District.
- Carroll Hill School staff member – last in the building on Thursday, December 10.
- School 14 student – last in school on Monday, December 7.
While we understand that you might like additional details, due to privacy laws, we cannot release any identifiable information about the individuals or affected students.
The District is working closely with the DOH to conduct thorough contact tracing and has already reached out to the affected students and staff with specific quarantine instructions. If you are not contacted by a representative of the District or DOH, there is no further action needed on your part.
Please be reminded that we must all work together to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Families and community members can assist our efforts by promoting healthy behaviors and following these practices:
- wearing masks,
- social distancing,
- practicing good hygiene, and
- limiting group gatherings
As always, the health and safety of students and staff is our top priority and we appreciate your continued support.
Superintendent of Schools