We invite you to explore Naviance Family Connection, our website that allows students to investigate, research, track, and plan for future careers and the college admissions process.
Username = Troy High School ID Number
Password = Student Birthday MMDDYYYY
Overview of Family Connection
When you log in to Family Connection, you will see a ” Welcome Message” and the following tabs: “About Me”, “College” and “Careers”. The following summary information may be useful as you begin to navigate through Family Connection. This is a very comprehensive program and we encourage you to go online and explore all Naviance has to offer. Your School Counselor will also direct you to grade-appropriate information in an effort to help you best utilize this program.
- My Profile – Includes basic biographical data.
- My Game Plan – Juniors and seniors can answer a series of questions designed to help you develop a game plan for achieving goals after graduation.
- My Resume – Complete this resume with information about your accomplishments and talents.
- My Colleges – As you find colleges that interest you, we recommend that you add them to your list of “Colleges I’m thinking about”. As you apply to colleges, you will track the status of your application under “Colleges I’m applying to”.
- My Journal – As you investigate colleges and start to develop or refine your college list, this is an excellent place to chronicle your thoughts and questions.
- My Personality – Take the “Do What You Are” personality inventory and find career options based on your personality type.
- My Account – If you would like to change your password, you can do so here.
- College Search – Students enter criteria for their desired types of schools, and generate a list of schools that meet these criteria. A student can then follow links to general information and statistics about a college, as well as to an individual college’s web page for deeper investigation.
- College Lookup – Start here to research a specific college. We recommend that students visit the college’s individual website for the most up-to-date information. There is a direct link to the website on each college’s NAVIANCE homepage.
- Visit Schedule – See the schedule of college admission representatives who will be visiting Shaker High school. Colleges typically visit Shaker during late September and the month of October.
- Scholarship List – Click here for a listing of scholarships. Many of these scholarships are from local, community, or state organizations.
- Scholarship Match – Based on information in your profile, your resume, or your game plan, scholarships are matched with your qualifications. The more information you can complete in Family Connection, the better the matches.
- Explore Careers – a database of job descriptions and related college majors.
- Explore Interests – a tool that can help you discover the types of work activities and careers that match your interests