2019-2020 School Year Immunization Requirement for Meningococcal Vaccine
Students in Grades 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12 MUST have proof of having been given the Meningococcal vaccine (shot) in order to attend school.
- Students entering Grades 7 – 10 in 2019-2020 must have 1 dose of meningococcal vaccine. They will be required to get a booster at age 16.
- Students entering Grade 12 in 2019-2020 must have either:
- 2 doses of meningococcal vaccine with the booster dose given on or after age 16
- 1 dose if your child’s first dose was given on or after age 16
New York State law requires parents/ guardians to give the school an immunization (shot) record that shows their child has received, or has appointment(s) to receive the required vaccine(s) (shots) in order to attend school. This record may be from a health care provider, health department, or an official immunization record from the child’s former school. The record must include:
- Name of the vaccine
- Date vaccine given
- Who gave it, along with their title; or where it was given if at a clinic
Please contact your health care provider to make sure your child has what they need to attend school this fall.
If you have questions or concerns about immunizations, please contact the school health staff.