Use of Facilities may be granted under the following conditions:
- Request Use of Facilities Form completed in its entirety.
- A Certificate of Insurance naming The Enlarged City School District of Troy and the Board of Education as the Certificate Holder and an Additional Insured on a primary and non-contributory basis for the amount of $1,000,000 for each occurrence/$2,000,000 per aggregate of bodily injury, liability and death; and $150,000/$300,000 for property damage. This Certificate of Insurance, including the additional
- insured endorsement (CG 20 26 or equivalent) MUST be attached to the Request for Use of Facilities.
- Requests submitted without a Certificate of Insurance will be returned.
The following Use of Facilities Fees will be charged to non-District Sponsored programs
- Gym, Auditorium, Field, Cafeteria, Pool, Parking Lots, or any District facility other than classrooms: $30 per hour
- Classrooms: $15 per hour
- Staff – Monday through Saturday: $35 per hour
- Staff – Sunday: $40 per hour (this fee is also charged if additional staff are required or requested)
- Charges for staff are required on weekends and outside of normal hours.
If the facility is closed due to a holiday or school emergency (snow day), activities for that day are automatically cancelled.
It is the responsibility of the organization and/or individual requesting the use of the facility to:
- Provide adult supervision to maintain order and discipline.
- Make sure that the facility is left clean.
- Observe all fire laws.
- ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING IN SCHOOL BUILDINGS. NO ONE SHALL POSSESS, USE OR TRANSFER TO ANOTHER, ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR ANY OTHER INTOXICANT OF ANY KIND ON SCHOOL PROPERTY.
- Observe all health laws.
- Cooperate with District staff members in utilizing only those sections of the building covered by the permission.
- Make sure that no equipment or materials are left on the premises. Anything left on the premises is done so at the owner’s risk. The District takes no responsibility for equipment or materials left on the premises.
The Principal of the building(s) utilized is expected to inspect the facility and report conditions following usage. Principals are authorized to exercise temporary sanctions for any abuse of facilities.
The Board of Education through the Superintendent reserves the right to withdraw permission at any time, although it is hoped that will not be necessary. The Board of Education firmly and sincerely believes that schools belong to the community and should be utilized by them, providing no additional costs are incurred by the District. The Board of Education believes just as firmly that abuse of the buildings cannot be tolerated.